LATIN SUMMER INTENSIVE
June 18, 2018 9:00 AM
Summer Latin Intensive
The International Institute for Culture is offering 2 intensive Latin summer programs, six hours a day, five days a week. Beginner's Latin will be from 18th June to 13th July and Intermediate Latin from 16th July to 10th August 2018.
This course is an excellent opportunity for those who want to study the classics, philosophy, law, medicine, theology – or simply be more fully connected with our own cultural heritage, in order to understand better both our past and our present.
• Covers the equivalent material of four semesters of University-level Latin studies;
• Provides a thorough introduction to classical Latin grammar and syntax;
• Employs the inductive method of language instruction;
• Uses the ecclesiastical, or “mediaeval”, form of pronunciation;
• Supplemental readings from Ancient, Patristic, and Mediaeval authors will be presented, along with the prayers of the Church and the parts of the mass from the Roman Missal.
• Stephanie Pope, et al. Cambridge Latin Course, North American Fourth Edition, Units 1-3.
• Benjamin Hall Kennedy. Revised Latin Primer.
• Langenscheidt Pocket Latin Dictionary.
• Norma Goldman and Ladislas Szymanski. English Grammar for Students of Latin.
Cost of the program:
Each session is $1,500 not including the texts. Other photocopied materials will be provided.
About the instructor:
Stephen C. Córdova is the Latin Teacher at Martin Saints Classical High School in Oreland, PA. An expert Latinist with over twenty years of teaching experience, he brings an enthusiastic approach to the marvels of the Latin language.