FINE ART MUSIC COMPANY PRESENTS "A MUSICAL ODE TO EARTH"
March 12, 2016 8:00 PM
"A Musical Ode to Earth:"
A Special Tribute in Music and Idea to Our Own Planet and Existence
- Pale Blue Dot, written for string quartet by Philadelphia composer, David Ludwig
- Vox Balaenae, (Voice of the Whale) by George Crumb, for flute, cello, and piano
- The Tides of Manaunaun, a primordial work for piano, by Henry Cowell
- Noctrune, d'un Matin de Printemps, for violin, flute, and piano, by Lili Boulanger
- La terrasse des audiences du clair de lune, a prelude for piano, by Claude Debussy
- Two Interludes, for violin, flute, and piano, by Jacques Ibert
- Poems of the Sea: a cycle for piano, by Ernest Block:
- 1. Waves
- 2. Shanty
- 3. At Sea
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS
For more information on this concert, or to view the full repertoire, please visit Fine Art Music Company's website.
General Admission: $25.00/each